Who we are
THIS IS LIBERTY
Welcome to Liberty.
It’s not just our name. It’s what we do, every day.
Liberty Life Assurance Kenya Ltd has provided insurance services in Kenya since 1964 and continues to offer a range of attractive investment, retirement, life and education solutions to individuals and businesses.
We are a subsidiary of Liberty Kenya Holdings Plc which is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. Liberty Kenya Holdings Plc is also the holding company for The Heritage Insurance Company Kenya Ltd, the short-term business arm of the group.
Liberty Kenya Holdings Plc is a subsidiary of Liberty Holdings Limited, a leading financial services group with a representation in 30 countries across the African continent. Liberty Holdings Limited is majority owned by Standard Bank Group Limited which is the largest African banking group by total assets.
Improving people’s lives by making their financial freedom possible.
We want to transform Liberty Life Kenya to be the trusted leader in the region by delivering superior value through exceptional client and adviser experiences.
WHY WE ARE IN BUSINESS?
Through understanding the power of knowledge, we strive to pioneer new ways to guide people towards financial freedom.
- Involvement: our humanity and empathy
- Innovation: our ingenuity and curiosity to do things better
- Integrity: our fairness and honouring our word
- Insight: our knowledge and understanding
- Action: we roll up our sleeves and always find a way to makes things happen
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CHARTER?
At Liberty Life, we drive a customer-centric culture in order to make financial freedom possible for all.
Our commitment is to deliver Excellent Customer Service by being Dependable, Accessible and Personalized in how we interact with clients.
WE COMMIT TO:
- Provide friendly and reliable services
- Empower and equip our staﬀ with the means to deliver excellent service
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Provide customers adequate information on our insurance and financial solutions
- Undertake continuous market research to provide relevant and competitive solutions
- Act promptly on customer feedback
- Resolve disputes amicably by seeking mutually acceptable solutions
WE ARE DEPENDABLE:
- We provide new policy documents within 10 days
- We pay funeral beneﬁts within 48 hours
- We process Group Life discharge voucher for death claims in 5 days
- We pay Life and Group Life (permanent disability & critical illness) beneﬁts within 5 days
- We pay Pensions beneﬁts within 10 days
- We are a leading ﬁnancial services group with presence in 25 countries across Africa
WE ARE ACCESSIBLE:
- We provide an online self-service portal to view current Life and Pensions statements
- We email Life and Pensions statements within 24 hours of request
- We acknowledge and respond to e-mails within 24 hours
- We answer phone calls by the third ring
- We have a Call Centre (0711 028 000) and short code (20120) service to receive and respond to your calls and SMSs
- We have a 24 hour presence on twitter (@LibertyLifeKe) and Facebook (LibertyLifeKenya)
- Our Nairobi oﬃce is open from 7.00am to 5.00pm on weekdays and 9.00am to 1.00pm on Saturdays
- We have oﬃces in all Kenyan cities and major towns which are open from 8.00am to 5:00pm on weekdays
WE OFFER PERSONALISED SERVICE:
- We email policy statements every month
- We call regularly to give update on policy status and beneﬁts
- We meet our Corporate customers quarterly
- We oﬀer diverse and ﬂexible solutions tailor-made to meet your needs
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US:
- Freely give feedback on our services and products to help us serve you better
- Submit complete and accurate information for eﬀective communication
- Pay your premiums and contributions promptly
- Report any observed irresponsibility, irregularity or impropriety by our staﬀ
THINK BUSINESS INSURANCE AWARDS 2020
- Life Insurer of the Year Award - Winner
- Most Customer Centric Underwriter (Life) and Training Awards. - Winner
- Technology Application Award - 2nd Place
- Product Innovation - 2nd Place
- Risk Management - 2nd Place
- Claims Settlement and in the Customer
- Satisfaction (Life) Awards - 2nd Place
- Fraud Detection and Prevention - 2nd Place
- Product Distribution & Marketing - 3rd Place
- CSR and Technology & Digital Applications Awards - 3rd Place
THINK BUSINESS INSURANCE AWARDS 2019
- Overall Life Insurer of the Year - Winner
- Risk Management Award - Winner
- Training Award - Winner
- Customer Centric Award - Winner
- Claims Settlement Award - Winner
- Product Innovation and Distribution - Winner
ASSOCIATION OF KENYA INSURERS (AKI) AGENTS OF THE YEAR AWARDS (AAYA) 2019
- Most Improved Insurance Company - Winner
- Most Improved Company Award - Group Life - 2nd Runner-Up
THINK BUSINESS INSURANCE AWARDS 2018
- Life Insurer of the Year Award- 1st Runners Up
- Customer Service Award – Life – 1st Runners Up
- Risk Management Award- 2nd Runners Up
- Most Innovative Insurance Company- 2nd Runners Up
- Young Achiever Award- Nita Gichure- Head of Bancassurance & Affinity
ASSOCIATION OF KENYA INSURERS (AKI) AGENTS OF THE YEAR AWARDS (AAYA) 2017
- Group Life Innovation Award - Winner
- Group Life Company of the Year- 1st Runners Up
2018 LIFE ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (LOMA) EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION AWARD
LOMA Award for Educational Achievement- 2nd Year in a row
THINK BUSINESS INSURANCE AWARDS 2017
- Customer Service Award – Life – Winner
- Risk Management Award- Winner
- Most Innovative Insurance Company- 2nd Runners Up
THINK BUSINESS INSURANCE AWARDS 2016
- Life Insurer of the year Award 1st Runners Up
- The ICT Award-1st Runners Up
- The Training Award- 1st Runners Up
The Socially Responsible Corporate Award -2nd Runners up